Option To Archive Teams

Same here - I just archived some projects and went to remove the Team from the sidebar view and was surprised to see that it’s not an option…seems so simple…

1 Like

We need this too.

1 Like

Bumping this as well. We’d really like this feature.

1 Like

Agreed, this would be helpful to have. Surprised it’s not

+1

I work for a consulting and inspection firm. We create teams for each individual estimate we have due to needing anywhere from 1-15 projects, one per each “item” we are inspecting and creating a report for. I have not found a better option for managing our projects in Asana. With that being said it would be great to archive each team when we have completed our inspections and published our reports to the client.

Almost 4 years now… and this still isn’t a feature? Just here to voice my support for this. Heck, they could make it a premium feature too!

2 Likes

Can we please make this an option??

Any update? There are a lot of people asking about this topic… I love asana but the clutter makes it almost unuseable if you have more than a few teams…

3 Likes

I was looking around for this today. I understand a team could be made private but then there still has to be one user who gets stuck having to keep that team on their list. Another idea would be to not archive the team but just remove all users from it. Then an Asana admin would have to re-add members to bring that team back should anyone need to reinstate it. Or just build the way to archive it.

We recently ran into the same issue.

We are working with many different clients on different unique projects with them. We create a team with numerous projects (1 for marketing / 1 sales / …).

When our project ends, we can archive the projects within the team but still the team remains on the left bar, which makes research more and more difficult as we accumulate teams even inactive.

This would be very handy to archive them than the 2 different tricks suggested on the forum. This will help us for now, but with a thread opened since years I think this could be on the roadmap for Asana.

We also use Team = Client, and would like to archive at the Team level.

One more thing: it would be nice if a team could be created automatically via a trigger in an integrated app. The workflow would be: new client enters name and describes issue in Calendly or another scheduling app >> Asana takes name of client, creates a new team, and assigns our company’s team members based on the issue distinction.

1 Like

I noticed that this thread has been running since 2018!! Another agency here who needs Team = Client and the ability to Archive a Team/Client and all associated material. Is this likely to be fixed as I’m now looking for alternatives to Asana.

2 Likes

Joanna…yes, it’s absolutely astounding to me that such a fundamental feature isn’t available in a project management tool and that the response from Asana has been total silence.

I’ve even tried reaching out to “our rep” which has also proved to be useless. So disappointing. Please let me know if you find another solution that works better for agencies!

1 Like

Just keeping the conversation going. We’re in the same boat as I think are 90% of all consulting style users.

This is absolutely crushing to a longtime Asana user with over 100 clients and 400+ projects.

Even the workarounds of making Archive team, moving projects to it, and then archiving them in this limited team still shows tasks to my teams. And removing them from the assingment has to be done manually or at least via each and every project… It’d be easier to leave paid Asana and start with a new tool. I can’t even bulk export a backup and then delete as a nuclear workaround.

@ Asana staff- how many votes does a feature need to make it into the product pipeline? This was an issue when we signed up for Asana (circa 2017?) and is a bigger issue now.

1 Like

Agree 100% I’m blown away that there has been so little response or updates from Asana.

1 Like

Agreed. Asana seems to not grasp the scale and complexity that many of us have to work at. It’s a massive gap.

1 Like

Any update on this?

How is that FOUR YEARS after the original request, and numerous people asking for the same solution, do we still not have a solution in place Asana? What is this…Facebook?

4 Likes

+1 we really need this!

Quick sort-of-maybe workaround for this - if it’s purely to keep things looking clean so you’re only looking at current clients without scrolling through teams. I add each current client team to my favourites and when I finish with a client, I remove them from favourites. I keep the ‘Teams’ view unexpanded and just go into favourites to see my current client list.

Being able to sort teams into folders would be a great way to solve this, and also gives the ability to group clients, e.g. I could have a folder for current clients, one for past clients/client archive and one for prospects. Or one for monthly retainers, one for one-off projects, etc.

2 Likes