Office 365 Connector for MS Teams

I continue to receive the following (unprompted) error messages in MS Teams after enabling the Asana Microsoft Office 365 Connector and enabling the integration on my team projects in Asana. I’ve read that this can happen if there are “too many projects in Asana” but would like to confirm before troubleshooting further or looking for another solution.

Here are the specific events/messages that I receive in MS Teams after enabling the connection to one or more projects. Note that 1) all messages contain the same date/time stamp and 2) I have not “deleted” the project(s) in Asana:

Step 1: has set up a connection to Asana so group members will be notified for following events for Asana projects

Error Message 1: Asana configuration has been updated and notifications will not be sent for the mentioned project(s). The following project(s) has(ve) either been deleted or user has lost access to them:

Error Message 2: You will no longer receive updates from the Asana connector created by Rusty Merritt due to an unrecoverable error. To restore service, manage the configuration by visiting the connector management page, removing the connector configuration, and re-creating it with valid information.

Hi @Rusty_Merritt and apologies for the trouble here!

The first error message seem to indicate that you are not a member of the project you’re trying to link with MS Teams; can you confirm wether or not this is the case?

Have you tried to follow the steps indicated in the second error message (remove and re-create the connector)? Are you running into the same trouble over and over?

Yes, I am the Administrator of the Organizational account, owner of the Team that the projects fall under, and the user that created all of the Asana Projects under the Team. We have approximately 70 projects underneath that particular Asana Team, about half of which have are “archived projects”.

Yes, I have followed the steps indicated to “remove and re-create the connector” and continue to receive the error messages randomly with only a few left operational.

Hi,
@Marie As I told you in PM a few weeks ago, I have the same kind of errors using Asana and Office 365. The existing connectors are not working well. In my company we have been running tests during a month and we are concluding that linking Asana to Office 365 is not useful as it’s not working.

Thanks for the follow-up and additional context @Rusty_Merritt. Being the Admin of your Org or member of the Team doesn’t make you automatically project member; if your project is private to Project Members, you will need to manually join the Project to become Project Member and link this Project to MS Teams.

Unfortunately, we haven’t built this integration, Microsoft did; so while we can help with troubleshooting steps, we can’t fix the integration on our end. If you haven’t yet, I’d recommend reaching out directly to Microsoft via the link at the bottom of this article.