Asana and Office 365

Hi,

My company will migrate from the Google suite to the Microsoft Office 365 suite, so I am testing the integration of Asana with Office 365 tools.

Outlook
Integration is possible and works well with the plug-in.

Teams
There are two possible connections:

• one that allows to have a view of the task list in Teams, but from Teams we can do almost nothing without returning to Asana
  • one that allows to receive in Teams notifications of completed tasks, created tasks, … but we can not install it without getting error messages.

=> Those connections do not seem to be updated for a long time, @Marie is an update planned?

Sharepoint
Unless I’m mistaken, there is only a connection with OneDrive but not with Sharepoint.

In summary, I am interested in any feedback on the integration of Asana with Office 365 suite:

• best practices,
  • difficulties encountered,
  • how to manage files,
  • how not to duplicate information and lose information, …
  • where conversations should be managed

Thank you
Julien

Hi @Julien_RENAUD and thanks for the mention! Yes, we’re still working with Microsoft on improving our Teams integration; I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update to share.

Could you tell me (or our support team) more about the error message you’re getting?

I would also advise you to take a look at these integrations built by Microsoft, looks like they could be useful to integrate Asana with Sharepoint (Integrating MS SharePoint with Asana)

My main difficulty is not being able to attach files from SharePoint libraries or Teams/Groups. It would be possible if only Asana would update to a newer version of the OneDrive file picker. It’s been requested here but hasn’t gotten any significant feedback from the Asana team. Office 365 seems to be pretty low on their priorities list compared to other competing web apps such as Wrike or Trello who have had this feature for some time.

Right now I make do with pasting SharePoint links into comments. It’s less than ideal.

Thank you @James_Schlackman1 for your feedback.

To copy the Sharepoint links seems to be the solution while waiting for an evolution of the integration with Microsoft.

Do you also use Teams? In which tools do you communicate between Asana & Teams? What bothers me is to have 2 channels of communication because it is possible to communicate under Teams and also under Asana.

We use Teams, but not extensively. We are using it primarily for knowledge management rather than general communication at the moment, not least because it still has a long way to go to meet feature parity with Skype for Business. As such, discussion on projects and tasks is taking place in Asana.

Thank you James for your feedback :slight_smile: