I can’t test this myself, but I’m curious to hear how this integration works. Anyone here use Teams been able to try this integration?
I tryed this weekend but the connector can’t finish the processus and stay on “Connexion in progress”.
Sorry to hear the connector couldn’t finish the process. I recommend that you reach out to Microsoft Teams support directly and hopefully they’ll be able to help you resolve the issue. https://support.office.com/en-us/teams
I tried this. Unfortunately I have to say I’m not that impressed. You can pull in an Asana project list into a Microsoft Teams tab, but that’s pretty much it.
After you have setup your new tab showing tasks from a specific project, you can only:
- add new tasks to list (you can supply the task title, nothing else)
- toggle done for a task
- click on a task, at which point you’ll get redirected to a new browser tab, where Asana loads the task as it would normally do it you clicked the task row from within a list project
What I miss for the integration to be more useful inside Teams is at least some of these things:
- showing the details pane when you click on a task, so you see the task details and comments
- allow to add comments (including adding followers)
- show custom fields in the list, currently only the task title show (and no projects or tags either)
As the integration currently stands, I’d say its most useful if you want a read only view of specific task lists inside a Team. I still think its useful to get a sense of a list’s state.
Thanks for the thorough feedback, @Joel_h. I haven’t used that yet but I was curious what others’ experiences have been.
Does the Asana integration work in the Microsoft Teams desktop app? I’m having trouble loading on desktop application, but not on the web application