Not receiving notifications on tasks I create.

My team uses Asana a bit differently than others might. We created a Project board to house all of our team members. Each team member has their own column with their own set of tasks within the column. We have a team member (our newest addition) that has email notification turned on for activity updates. She is receiving notifications for tasks updates that were not assigned or created by her / that have nothing to do with her. In turn, she is not receiving notifications on tasks that she creates or that she is a collaborator for. Curious if anyone else has had any similar issues like this with email notifications for specific tasks.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Missy_Byrd, I bet this is the problem:

Larry

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Missy_Byrd and thank you for reaching out!

As @lpb explains in the thread he has shared, activity notifications are only sent out for actions and changes made by others; you will not receive a notification for actions you perform yourself.

I hope this helps! But please, let us know if this is not the case and I’m more than happy to assist you further! Have a great Wednesday!

1 Like

Hi Natalia. This is problematic while using the API. Is there a parameter to enable the notifications? I tried ‘has_notifications_enabled’ and that was unsuccessful. Please advise if there is a workaround for this.