Not Receiving Email or Slack notifications when Board moved to new column

We are trying to get notifications when a board moves to a different column but none is sent. It will show in the Asana inbox but doesn’t come through in Email or on the slack app.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a new task, assign it and add a follower then move the task to a new column

Browser version: Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Keith_Covington, welcome to the forum! Let’s try to solve this together!

Can you please confirm if you have activity updates notifications enabled in your Email notification settings?

In regards to Slack notifications, you’ll receive notifications when a task is assigned or unassigned from you. For tasks assigned to you, you’ll receive a notification when:

• The task is completed
  • The due date changed
  • All dependencies are completed
  • A dependency is uncompleted
  • A dependency due date is changed
  • You are added as a follower
  • There is a comment on a task you are following

Unfortunately, Asana currently don’t send notifications in Slack when a task is moved to a different column in Board view. Please find more information in this article.

Lastly, please note that personal notifications are not sent in Slack when you are active in Asana.

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

The Slack situation is not vital.

I do have Activity Updates active in my email settings but I still do not receive notifications every time a card is moved.

Hi @Keith_Covington, thanks for getting back to me and sharing your feedback about the Slack notifications! I’ve gone ahead and share it internally so we can consider it in future updates.

Since you have your email notifications enabled and you are still not receiving them, I recommend you contacting our support team and share the URL of this thread with them so you don’t need to provide the same information again. Unfortunately I don’t have the tools in the forum to investigate this further and see why you are not receiving those emails. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I hope your issue is solved soon! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.