Send a notification via Slack when a task is moved from one list to another

Asana’s current integration with Slack is somewhat limited to only a few actions. For projects using the Kanban view, it would be immensely useful if Asana could send a notification to a slack channel every time a specific task is moved from one list to another. For example when a task is moved from the “To-do” list to “Done”.

I sincerely hope you will consider this in upcoming updates.

Agree with Panos. That’s actually the only reason why we are keeping Trello for now. Because it alerts the team via slack when cards being moved between lists and this is vital for our internal processes.
Is there a workaround of some sorts?

1 Like

I can suggest you an integration tool called Automate.io for this. They are an integration partner of Asana and have a reliable integration between Asana and Slack here - https://automate.io/integration/asana/slack

For your use case, follow the steps below:

1. Connect your Asana and Slack accounts to Automate.io.
  2. Set up your Asana trigger as ‘Task moved to section’ and Slack action as ‘Send a direct message’.
  3. Map the data you need from Asana to Slack.
  4. Test the integration and make it live.

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

I’m excited to announce that Rules can now connect to Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Jira! This means you can now create a Rule in your project to receive a notification in Slack when a task is moved to another section/column.

Find more information in our Asana Guide article: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide, and please let us know is you have any questions or feedback!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.