Not Receiving Any Email Notifications

Hi,

I am not receiving any email notifications despite having all of them checked. I don’t see anything in my Inbox either. I have tried toggling the checkboxes on and off and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

The only thing I can think of is that I unsubscribed from Asana’s marketing emails (I was getting a ton and wanted to turn them off). Otherwise I don’t see why I shouldn’t be getting anything.

Anyway I can get just notifications about tasks without also getting a lot of marketing spam?

Thanks!

Samantha

Welcome, @Samantha_Shiells,

Opting in or out of marketing emails from Asana will not affect your ability to get Asana app notifications.

Since you’re neither receiving Asana Inbox nor email notifications, perhaps it’s because you’re trying to test this yourself? Usually actions you yourself do inhibit notifications (because you must already know about them!). Can you get a colleague to assign you a task and wait a few minutes and see if that shows up in both places for you? You appear to have everything set up correctly.

Thanks,

Larry

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense for emails about task assignments. But shouldn’t I be getting daily summary emails when due dates are coming up (even for tasks I assigned to myself)? And weekly reports? I haven’t gotten any emails from Asana since I unsubscribed from the promotional emails.

Yes, you’re right, you should. Try these troubleshooting steps, then please create a support ticket: go to www.asana.com/support (make sure you are logged in to Asana) > click the chat icon at the bottom right > type “speak to an agent” > click “Yes” > click “Something Else” > click “Create a support ticket.”

Thank you, Larry! You won’t believe this, but before even trying the troubleshooting steps you shared… I got my first task email from Asana (since unsubscribing 2 weeks ago) this morning. I’m not sure if it was triggered by signing up for the forum, your replies or totally random - but something seems to have clicked on. I’ll check out the troubleshooting steps anyway. Thank you!!

Samantha

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.