New Report View - sort by multiple criteria

I love the new spreadsheet-like report views. In fact, I find it more useful than viewing ‘my tasks’ since I can also see custom fields. The one thing that it needs to make it perfect (and a little more like a spreadsheet) is the ability to sort by multiple fields. For example sort by project and then by date so that the most pressing due date for each project is at the top of each section.

Agree totally. Multi-level sort (not just 2 levels please) is an aching need.

1 Like

Agreed!!! This is basic stuff, Asana. My $25/year app I’ve been using does this and you guys don’t? doesn’t make sense.

Would really love this feature in both the pre-baked and custom (saved search) reports. I have a few reports sorted by assignee-- it’s strange to not be able to sort by due dates within each assignee’s section.

1 Like

yes, at least 2 levels would be a huge improvement. Right now only being able to sort by 1 is a real pain.

2 Likes

It is also critical to be able to pull reports and have hours on them.

Until/if Asana offers this, consider this (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

Larry

Asana please make this happen, we need to be able to sort by Project and then by Date within that Project.

2 Likes

Agreed!!!

I love the Reporting feature! However, there are times when I need to compare charts with the same X and Y axis and different filters, against each other. Right now the bars are in order of the number on the Y axis, greatest to smallest. It would be so helpful to be able to sort them (such as alphabetically) so each chart’s bars were in the same order and the comparison would be direct across charts.

Hi @Denise_Baker, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Leaving Asana for JIRA