New filtering options available for Boards!

Hi folks :wave:t3:

Following New sorting options available for Board Projects! - #15 by Marie, I’m thrilled to announce that we’re rolling out new filtering options for Board projects; so you can now filter these projects to see only Incomplete or Completed tasks! Note that you also can combine Filtering and Sorting options!

For more information and screenshots, you can also refer to this handy article from our Guide :slight_smile:

This was a very popular request in the Forum and we hope you will like it as much as we do! As usual, feel free to ask your questions and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Important Note: This new feature will be gradually rolled out, so if you can’t see it yet in your Asana, don’t worry, it will soon be available to all our users!

Have all a great start of the week!

@Marie

12 Likes

Is filtering by tags going to be a thing anytime soon?
Or are tags going to be replaced by custom fields

2 Likes

Outstanding! It’s so useful to see this at a glance, instead of having to rely on advanced search reports. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Mohamed_Hamad, I don’t think this is our near future plans, but I’ll make sure to post an update in Filter tasks by tag - #16 by Marie if I hear anything!

Great news! This is a valuable feature for our team. Thanks for the update, @Marie.

1 Like

Nice & helpful. Is it possible to see tasks that are currently NOT assigned to anyone?

H @sridhar.pedavalli :wave:t3: You can’t filter your Board by “No Assignee”, but you sort your task by Assignee, this way, unassigned tasks will automatically appear at the bottom of your board!

1 Like

Quick update to let you know this feature is now available to 100% of users!

This is huge! Makes a big difference for my project team.
Many thanks!!

1 Like

That’s good to hear, thanks. What would be most useful to me would be being able to see Incomplete Tasks plus recently Completed (such as in previous 7 days) in a board format. That doesn’t seem to be an option at the moment, right?

@Marie would it be possible to add some additional functionality for multiple projects to boards?

Use case: We use boards to group tasks for multiple projects into our day-to-day workflow, currently we can see coloured projects by colour (which is challenging already) but we cannot filter to a single project within the board for multi-project boards.

I would ideally like to see:

• Ability to filter by projects (if more than one project’s tasks are included within the board)
  • Ability to see the project name, rather than just the colour. If a project isn’t coloured it is not clear without clicking into the task which project it is for.