New Custom Field Type! Use Multi-select to evolve how your team tracks work

@Emily_Roman amazing!!! Any idea of when it will have rules tiggered by multi-select fields?

3 Likes

We hope to have news soon, @anon25712525! We’ll be launching Multi-select custom fields on all parts of Asana, including Rules, Portfolios, Status, and more! We’ll update this community post as that new functionality gets rolled out.

2 Likes

Thanks for these tips!

1 Like

Thank you @Emily_Roman

1 Like

Isn’t this how the tag system works? You can select multiple tag and apply it to a task?
Don’t mind if I’m asking for input, how users can use this differently compared to using tag system?

In the year 2021, “we discovered the Americas”, as people say in my country.
In this case a simple multi-select control, which is only available as a second-class citizen…

it would be really helpful if we could click on the field items and they would show the search results with all items containing that selection. just like when you click on a tag. I also noticed that when I create charts in reporting using the multiple sect fields I cannot click on the charts and see the search results like i can with single field selects and all other chart filters. pretty please fix this.

4 Likes

This is awesome!!! Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all,

Today I’m excited to announce you can now use multi-select custom fields on Rules! This feature is currently available in the Custom Rules builder and it’s available to Business and Enterprise customers. See more details in the screenshots below:

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

6 Likes

Nice, but @Emily_Roman, given that there’s Add to multi-select field, is Remove from multi-select field in the plan?

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

When will it be possible to use filters for multi select custom fields? That would be hery useful

4 Likes

It will be great to have this multi-select feature in portfolios , as I saw it only single select on portfolio level when we create custom filed I see multi-select is dimmed and disabled.

Thanks,

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, @Tobi and @Hany_Abdulazeem_Elsa! This is coming soon, I’ll post an update in this thread once we launch it :tada:

Great question, @lpb! As it stands, it’s possible to “Clear the Multi select field” but not to remove a specific field using Rules. I’ll make sure to pass on your feedback so we can consider it in future updates! Thanks

4 Likes

You guys are amazinnnnng!! Thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Emily. What does soon mean concretely? Within weeks? Or more like months?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.