Multi-select custom field?

Is there an update on this? This is the most important feature I am waiting for before deploying Asana.

2 Likes

Hello! Also waiting for a the option to select multiple custom fields.

1 Like

Any updates on multi-select custom fields?

2 Likes

Any update on this?

1 Like

Do we have a timeline on when this feature will be available? For now, we are using a text box for our custom fields until this is in place. It’s disappointing to see that this functionality is taking so long to implement. My team is moving away from Smartsheet to Asana to manage our content calendar and projects, but not having multi-select will definitely hinder the way we’ve been operating in our Smartsheet.

1 Like

Hi @anon40363098 and welcome to the forum!

Asana does not share information about timelines for upcoming features, so I’m afraid there’s no specific answer available to your question:

We do not share a product roadmap because we are unable to promise a timeline and we want to ensure that the features and updates we release are as well made as possible. We wouldn’t want to release a sub-par feature just to meet a deadline - quality is super important to us.

This should have been a basic feature if you want people to use the project management tool. Asana lacks many powerful features and this is one of them.

6 Likes

I’d love to know when this feature will be available. We could really use the ability to select multiple options in custom fields instead of just a single option.

2 Likes

Hi Asana Staff and other forum members. The multi-select custom field is a critical feature that looks like it has been discussed here for nearly a year and a half. I am surprised that it has not been resolved. What is the latest information about this?

8 Likes

I agree, this is something that’s very much needed. It makes it hard for us to organize our product roadmap when feature requests fall within 2 or more parts of our system.

6 Likes

I believe Monday has this option.

1 Like

How about it now? Could really use this simple feature.

This would be a great feature to have right now

Hi there, looking for an update on this multi-select field. Really needing this functionality for almost all projects. We moved to Airtable for 12 months since this wasn’t supported in Asana. Just newly getting started back in Asana and wondering if this has been pushed forward in progress or if this isn’t in the pipeline at the moment.

4 Likes

Unbelievable that Asana team thinks this is not worthy. As mentioned previously here over 18 months of chatter on this and nothing from Asana! Very frustrating.

4 Likes

Is there an update to this @anon14176895? We really need this feature.

3 Likes

Echoing everyone else…this would be an extremely useful feature for many (potentially most) users. Can you please provide an update?

1 Like

As I mentioned above, Asana’s policy is not to provide information on anything not currently available in the product, so we’ll just have to wait and see if/when they add this (or any) feature.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature

+1 for this feature