Multi-filtering on my tasks list, board and calendar views!

Welcome, @Katherine_Dodge,

If you’re in a project, to save the filter (for everyone), you have to click this after a filter change:

In My Tasks, filter changes are automatically saved without the above.

If that’s not happening for you, try these troubleshooting steps, then please 1) Report your problem by going to Report a Bug, clicking the New Topic button at the right, and following the instructions, or 2) To create a support ticket, go to Asana Support - Help Center • Asana (make sure you are logged in to Asana) > click the chat icon at the bottom right > type “speak to an agent” > click “Yes” > click “Something Else” > click “Create a support ticket.”

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

I don’t seem to have all of these function abilities and Im on Asana premium. Do I need to be on Asana Business? I’ve tried to upload a screenshot of what the ‘My Tasks’ page looks like for me

1 Like

I’m not seeing it either. Wondering if it’s because of this

It is a phased roll out @Marie is this now out fully or has the time range for the roll out changed a bit?

Hi @Danielle-GenD;

Not yet; it should be fully rolled out in the second week of Nov (likely Nov 10).

1 Like

@Seth_Lee Please see Marie’s reply below. Full roll out to everyone expected around Nov 10th time.

Thank you so much! I’m so excited to move away from Projects as my primary method for personal task management.

1 Like

Hi all - will these multi-filters also include filtering by project? We’ve created a content calendar project that rolls up all of our emails, social posts, press releases, newsletters from various campaigns (campaigns that are separate projects on their own in Asana) into one project that we view as a calendar.

We can’t seem to filter by project in that view to see, for example, only emails and social posts that are for a specific campaign/project. I could create another field for this but it seems silly since each of those tasks is coded to those projects already and we just want to see the names of them in the calendar view.

Has anyone also tried this? Thanks!

Quick update to let you know that multi-filtering on My Tasks is now live to 100% of our customers :partying_face: Thanks to @Danielle-GenD for driving this announcement!

4 Likes

Really like this feature but very disappointed that date filters are so limited. All of our due dates fall at month end, and the furtherst date filter I can apply is “Due the next 14 days.”

Also wish that we could filter due date in the selected period OR start date, rather than both.

Still no way to hide blocked tasks in My Tasks?

@Julio_Torres, See this thread for workarounds and also vote for this feature at the top of that thread:

Thanks,

Larry

Still wish we had multi-sort like in a project!

But, overall an improvement. Love Asana!

6 Likes

Multi-sort! Please bring that feature asap!

1 Like

It would be great to introduce this on the portfolio level view (especially the ability to sort either ascending or descending) - currently only the ASC option is available.

1 Like

Hello, in the previous scheme, I used to be able to see the tasks I completed today in case I need to review them. With this new filter method, I seem to have lost the ability to see the tasks completed today. Can you please advise how I can see that?

@manuj_gupta,

You can see it with this filter:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

This is great, but would be significantly improved if the following features were implement:

Conditional Logic - while complex nested would be wonderful, simply having an “OR” condition would be a great start. Some additional paramters around does not contain or is null would be even better.

Some use cases…

• Show tasks created this week OR last week.
  • Show tasks due this week, but not modified this week (would give you insight to those potentially at-risk of missing due date if no updates/comments made.)

On the subject of date filtering, would love to see a date picker or some more options on relative dates. We have weekly meetings scheduled for the middle of the week. Part of this meeting is a quick review of tasks completed over the prior 7 days. As of right now the only options are tasks closed this week, tasks closed last week, or tasks closed over the past 14 days. None of those quite work as there are either gaps or too much overlap.

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Brenner great idea - id recommend adding this to the Product Feedback area of the forum so we can all vote on it!

1 Like

Was the sorting (ascending/descending) for due dates applied to searches? It doesn’t seem I’m able to do it there when I run a search for a team member’s task for example:

1 Like