Moving the timeline of a whole project

At the moment when the timeline of a project moves, you have to go into each individual task and the all subtasks to move the timeline of the whole project. This is very time intense and you should be able to move the whole ting in one go. The same for a task - you move the time and the subtasks dont move with it.

Agreed. You can however, click and drag to select multiple tasks and move. But yes, a better way to push/pull times.

Move all tasks from this date out 5 days (excluding weekends)

Hi @anon27449713, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Thank you that would be great as we really need this:)

1 Like

and zoom out to Years to see as many tasks as possible.

4 Likes

Ideally, when you have tasks that have a dependancy and duration/workload, and one of the tasks starts later, the dependant tasks move as well when you want to reschedule this.

But this should only be done when you have not entered a date yourself, but are using system calculated dates based on dependancy and duration/workload.

Most likely I am thinking to much MS Project :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI our Flowsana integration has several automations which provide this type of date shifting.

1 Like

Phil,

Thanks for feedback

I will certainly have a look at Flowsana, it looks to have the some of missing bits that are present in MS Project

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,

are there any updates here? this feature is quite crucial for us.

Thx!

4 Likes