Milestones in subtasks are missing the little Milestone icon

If a subtask is a milestone, the milestone symbol should appear on the subtask list within a task vs. having to click into the subtask to see that it is a milestone.

Hi @Ashley_Stauffer and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I’ve slightly modified the title of your thread so it better reflects your feedback and make this thread more discoverable for other users to vote!

Milestones are still pretty new, and we’re planning to improve them in the future so thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! If there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know!

1 Like

Sounds great, thanks @Marie! I was really excited for the milestone feature so was happy to provide feedback for the new feature to optimize how our team uses Asana. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Asana developers and community.

This application is awesome and I love everything about it. Our agency uses it to sustain a high amount of productivity and fluency.

I just read on the Asana blog about the new Asana milestones.
https://blog.asana.com/2019/02/new-milestones-visualize-project-progress/

These are awesome and offer a way to align our team towards short-term wins and provide nice visualization.

However, as an agency that operates mainly using subtasks, with the main task being used for overall project description, we cannot take advantage of the milestone visualization in the subtask area.

For instance, I have marked the “Example subtask” as a milestone, but I do not get the nice green diamond that goes around it within the subtask view as I do with the main task view.

Thus, my request is this (and I think it should be an easy fix) can we get the nice green diamond to appear within the subtask view, so we can take advantage of the milestone functionality across the Asana platform.

This would really help out agency and I think others as well.

Thank you.

-Ian

3 Likes

Here is the green diamond as it appears in the main task view.

Hi @iherzing :wave:t3:Thanks for sharing your feedback and providing us with context; this is super intresting for our Team!

We actually already have a conversation on this topic, so in order to gather all feedback in one place, I’ve merged your post with the existing one; hope that’s ok!

1 Like

+1,000,000 for this update/functionality! Additionally, if a Subtask Milestone could somehow be represented on the Timeline view, which only shows “Parent” Tasks that would be awesome as well. Perhaps a little green vertical line at the point where the Subtask Milestone occurs for a main/Parent Task that has a start/end date?

2 Likes

YES YES YES. Subtask milestones not showing up on timeline is a significant nuisance.

Hi, yes, please emphasize the importance of adding the icon for subtask milestones (as quickly as possible), so it’s visually consistent with milestones used throughout the project! Thank you!!