Merge fields after import / can multiple columns be set as the same field in a project

I’m working on one project which involves importing a CSV of tasks once a month.

Because I’m new to Asana I made a mistake when importing the data initially. The CSV has the same column headers each month; because I hadn’t learned how to save a field to the Field Library, I ended up with lots of columns of identically-named fields, each of which contains data for only one month.

In an Asana project, is there a way to merge two columns which have identical headers, or to set multiple columns to the same Field Library field? Or do I need to start again, i.e. to re-upload the data and set the fields to the ones stored in the Field Library?

I couldn’t find answers to my questions in ‘Edit Field’ or in ‘Customise’.

Thank you

Hi @Sama_P, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While the ability to merge columns/fields isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make this happen please, also the option to merge custom columns should be availabale, as well as having a restriciton on people whp can create new columsn

2 Likes

Hi Rebecca - any updates on whether this feature request is on the roadmap? I merged 4 different projects, and I’m looking for automated ways to merge 4 sets of “blocked by” and “blocking” columns. As you can imagine, it is getting very hairy indeed!

1 Like

Any update? - this is also . . . a hot mess for me.

Any reccomendations on bvest practices for the future? help

Hi Rebecca, would really appreciate this function and would love to get an update! Thank you.

1 Like