@mentions don't always appear in Asana Inbox

I’ve noticed this a few times, but when I get @mentioned in someone else’s task, I don’t always get a notification in my Asana inbox. I’ve also noticed that when this happens it doesn’t trigger a Slack integrated notification either.

These come up in my gmail inbox, but if I miss or delete them then I have no way of finding the task to respond inside Asana. Why does this happen?

Hi @Alethea_Price ,

Welcome to the forum! My first thought: Asana tries to batch notifications on tasks/projects to avoid overwhelming people. Sometimes, this means that if someone mentions you on a task and does something else on that same task (e.g., completes it, reassigns it, etc.), you’ll only receive a notification about the most recent action. Could this be what’s happening?

Hi Stephen, thanks for the response.

I don’t think so. Looking at the latest task this happened on, the only update was the comment directed at me.

I’ve seen this happen a few times and it’s always on tasks that aren’t directly assigned to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Alethea

Welcome, @Alethea_Price,

I think you should file a bug. If you have a task URL or any other details, supply that and Support can look into it, I believe.

Try these troubleshooting steps, then please create a support ticket, go to www.asana.com/support (make sure you are logged in to Asana) > click the chat icon at the bottom right > type “speak to an agent” > click “Yes” > click “Something Else” > click “Create a support ticket.”

Thanks,

Larry

I’ll do that thank you Larry.

1 Like