Meet Asana Intelligence—AI has joined the team đŸ¤–

Hi all,

Thank you for your questions and feedback.

I’ve provided some clarification below via FAQs to help address any confusion:

Q: Which AI features are available in old vs. new pricing tiers?

Old paid tiers (i.e. Premium, Business, Enterprise):

1. Smart summaries: Get action items and highlights from conversations, tasks, and comments
  2. Smart editor: Write clearer, more compelling responses that strike the right tone
  3. Smart fields: Organize projects with auto-generated custom fields

Note: these do not include any AI usage limits.

New paid tiers (i.e. Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+):

1. Smart answers: Get timely answers and insights about projects, identify blockers, and determine next steps
  2. Smart status: Identify blind spots, open questions, and roadblocks with automatic status updates
  3. Smart summaries: Get action items and highlights from conversations, tasks, and comments
  4. Smart editor: Write clearer, more compelling responses that strike the right tone
  5. Smart fields: Organize projects with auto-generated custom fields

Note: these include AI usage limits; however, they will not be enforced for the time being to give Asana’s customers the opportunity to fully benefit from our best-in-class AI capabilities.

Q: The Asana blog post says these AI features will be available in both old and new tiers. Is this true?

Select AI features (i.e. Smart status and Smart answers) are only available in our new pricing tiers. We are working to update how it’s worded in the blog post but please see above for which AI features are available in their respective old vs. new pricing tiers.

Q: Are there usage limits on the new pricing tiers, and how will I know that I’ve reached one?

Yes, there are usage limits for new paid pricing tiers only.

Asana Intelligence limits are determined by the number of AI actions completed per month. Every time AI generates a response, for example, suggests custom fields or summarizes a task, that response counts as an AI action.

For the time being, these limits will not be enforced to give Asana’s customers the opportunity to fully benefit from our best-in-class AI capabilities. To ensure fair usage across our customers, however, we may impose rate limits in cases of significant overuse.

See our Help Center article to learn more about usage limits and what to do when you reach your Subscription limit.

Q: Do I need to migrate to the new tiers now? What if I’m not ready?

No, at this time you can continue on your current Asana tier. Your current Asana experience remains the same, and you can continue on your current tier until your renewal in 2025. If you would like the new AI functionality (i.e. Smart answers and Smart status), please follow the steps outlined by @Shun_Sakurai above.

We understand not all customers are ready to migrate over, which is why we took this approach of offering select AI functionality in both our old and new paid pricing tiers. This way, customers can still get value from Asana Intelligence in their everyday work and when ready, migrate over to get even more value out of our new AI solutions.

We hope this helps clear up any confusion and appreciate your continued feedback as we support our customers with their Asana journey. Thanks!

4 Likes