Max number of users than can be added at once via API?

I am using the addMembers API for both Portfolio and Projects and I haven’t found any documentation on how many I can add at once.

I am building an automated system to allow bulk grant/revoke for many large teams which can be up in the 300-2k users per team but I am unable to bulk process them.

I have chunked the list up to 100 with no success. Having to do much less would require TPS limits potentially being hit as I will be having to add several users to 20k+ projects and portfolios and the current system just cannot keep up without throttling or 504 errors like the one below.

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "message": "Oops! An unexpected error occurred while processing this request. The input may have contained something the server did not know how to handle. For more help, please contact api-support@asana.com and include the error phrase from this response.",
            "phrase": "Removing Phrase For Privacy"
        }
    ]
}

Hi,

Asana has dedicated errors for rate limits, and the one’s you shared look more to me like a falsy params or something equivalent.

You should email api-support@asana.com with your phrase to find out :slight_smile: (they don’t really answer here that much)

1 Like