Too many users when there are none

I have a paid Asana plan with 2 seats. Generally I only use 1 of them for myself, but 2 was the minimum that I could purchase.

Recently, forgetting this, I tried to add 3 collaborators to my project. I quickly got an Asana notification that I had exceeded my seat limit, so I removed all 3 from my project.

Still, I have a big yellow banner (see below) at the top saying that I’m exceeding my user limit, even though it’s just me. Furthermore, a few days ago I got an email that my plan would be automatically upgraded since I was exceeding my seat limit, even though I’m not. How can I fix this so I don’t pay for more than I’m using? Thanks!

Hi,

If you are on a Workspace, then guests counts as paid members. You would have to be inside a Organization to have real guests. Correct @Marie @Emily_Roman ?

2 Likes

Correct @Bastien_Siebman :+1:t3: From what I can see your “Your Personal Todos” is indeed a workspace @Rebecca_Miller so anyone you add to your projects will count toward your paid seats.

To fully remove these folks from your Workspace, you can follow these steps: Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps!

That being said, it is not hard to have an organization, you just need to create a domain name with emails, I can help you with that @Rebecca_Miller

Thank you all! I was confusing the difference between a project and a workspace, and I didn’t know I had to go into the Admin Console to fix this completely. Thank you so much!