Adding multiple members to projects and portfolios

Is there a way to add multiple members to a project or portfolio by selecting them from a list or adding an entire team?
There seem to be two options for users to join a team. Either I have to add each member individually with @NAME which is tedious with larger teams.
Or by sending a share link, with which they have to join themselves.
Am I missing something?

2 Likes

Hi @Birke, thanks for reaching out!

As this time, you would need to add users to a project or Portfolio individually. If you would like to add a large number of users, I would suggest sharing the project link.

That said, I’m going to move this post to #productfeedback so folks in the community can upvote it and so our developers can get a better look at the needs of our members :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Birke - I agree. Adding people 1 by 1 in a large company or large team is so extremely tedious. I really hope they develop this feature.

In the meantime, @Bastien_Siebman has created a free tool that helps with this.
Asana Everyone” . It allows you to add task collaborators, project members, or team members in bulk.

2 Likes

@Birke if you have a list of members by email in a spreadsheet (CSV), you can bulk add people to a project/team via their email.

3 Likes

Or you can just bulk import members @Bry_ProjectKickstart :point_up_2:t3:

@Getz_Pro - I’m probably missing something obvious. How does bulk importing tasks help with adding people to an existing team or project?

Ha! Sorry, changed. I was just speaking to someone about tasks and typed that instead of members.

Awesome, and how do I do that?

Yeah, besides that. One of the reasons for using Asana is to get away from all the cluttering sheets and documents.

I think this can be resolved if Asana allowed easy selection of all members within a team. However, as people on projects are stakeholders, I don’t see where a mass import is needed.