Team users API page limitations not working

Trying to get users from this endpoint: Get users in a team
Request example https://app.asana.com/api/1.0/teams/.../users?limit=2

limit parameter has no effect - response returns all users in team

If team have too much users, it returns error
{“errors”:[{“message”:“The result is too large. You should use pagination (may require specifying a workspace)!”,“help”:“For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: …”}]}

Hi @Dmitry_Uskov, thanks for reporting this. While it is apparently a bug, I’m moving it to the Developers & API forum section so that it gets proper visibility.

@Ross_Grambo, this does look like a bug to me - I tried it in API Explorer and got the same result as @Dmitry_Uskov. In both the /teams/[team_id]/users and the /workspaces/[workspace_id]/users endpoints, specifying ?limit=[n] seems to have no effect.

1 Like

@Phil_Seeman @Dmitry_Uskov Did anyone get this work? Has Asana fixed this issue?

Hi @Tim_Browning,

Apparently not fixed; I just tested it again now and limit still has no effect.

Hey @AndrewWong do you know if this is on the API team’s backlog to fix?

1 Like

Hey @Dmitry_Uskov, @Tim_Browning & @Phil_Seeman

This is actually expected: neither GET /teams/[team_id]/users nor GET /workspaces/[workspace_id]/users supports pagination (i.e. the limit parameter). However, pagination is supported for GET /users endpoint if being able to paginate through the results is important. Note that this endpoint also supports filtering by team or workspace.

1 Like