Managing social media accounts?

Hi All

I need some advice on how to set up Asana and whether it is the right tool for what I’m trying to do.

So basically I need:

1. A form which I can send to customers if they are interested to sign up. It will have some questions on it, they can upload some data etc.
  2. If they go ahead we want to convert the form into a project. Is it possible to send them this info in some sort of customised email?
  3. I want to be able to send the customer an invite to their project so we can then add content and they can message us.
  4. I’d like customer to see content in a calendar format (such as what we are posting next week), and they can then add comments etc for each post.

So basically it’s like a ticketing system with calendar. However for the customer I want it to be a simplified screen if possible, I don’t want to overwhelm them with lots of other features they don’t need.

Can you let me know if this is possible, we are looking at Zendesk and Monday.com as an alternative but would prefer to stick with Asana.

Hi @Ravi3

YES

Form submissions create tasks. Tasks can be converted to projects.

YES

YES

What do you mean by ticketing system? Asana is a project management tool and does not act like a ticketing system like Zendesk. Once the form is submitted, there is no way to edit the information from within the form. A task is created, which you can then edit. But not as a ticketing system whereby you can send someone back into the submission process to change information submitted.

Other than that, Asana is the right fit for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant by ticketing is that if the customer needs to raise a support issue with us (for example ‘I can’t login to my account’) so something like this typically email us and it gets converted into a ‘ticket’.

I suppose we could give them the special email link to a ‘support’ task in their project and when they reply to it that will add a comment to there? This way all of their support comments are in one place (like a ticket) and we can communicate that way?

Alternatively we could use the Asana commenting feature I suppose as long as that keeps a log of all messages, what do you think?

Also does Asana have a feature where some tasks are hidden from a customer who has joined a project?

If you are a member of a project you can see all tasks with that project. If they only need access to specific tasks, then add them to those tasks and not the project or team and they won’t have access to other tasks within that project.

You can use Asana for such requests, I just want you to be aware of the limitations.