Making a rule not apply to a specific column

I’m not sure if this is possible, but it would be great if you could make a rule not apply to a column in the board. For example, I have a rule that tasks marked completed are moved to a “Completed” column, but there is a column where when marked complete I would rather it stay than get cluttered in with the completed column.

Along with this, it would be great if you can set most columns as ordered by due date, but make this not apply to the completed column. Having it ordered by due date in everything else but the completed column would be amazing but this does not seem possible in Asana yet!

Hi @anon95972376, thanks for reaching out! In this case, you could create a custom field to add extra information to the task. For example, if the task is marked complete and have the custom field “reference”, it should move to the references column instead of the completed column:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the suggestion! Are you saying that I will need to make a new column and that it can’t just stay in its original column for this to work? I only ask because to make changes like this, I have to do the same thing with around 40 other projects we have (each project is one of our clients and the tasks are individual research projects we do for them). Since I have to make these custom changes one-by-one, is there any other way?

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.