MacOS App Icon Corrupted

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

After downloading the .DMG file from the Asana website and dragging the app into my Applications folder, the app icon in finder is empty. When I receive notifications from Asana, the app icon in the notification is corrupted - it’s like TV noise.

Furthermore, upon trying to copy the original app from the .DMG into my applications folder again to replace the first attempt, Finder completely locks up and crashes.

Steps to reproduce:

1.Use MacOS Catalina or Big Sur.
2. Download the Desktop app from asana.com
3. Open the DMG and drag the app to your Applications folder
4. Open Finder and navigate to Applications - observe missing/corrupted app icon
5. Open Asana and await a notification (allow notifications in MacOS for Asana)
6. Observe corrupted logo in MacOS notification box

Browser version:
N/A - Using Mac Desktop app

Upload screenshots below:

Here is what Spotlight shows:

Hi @Adamo_Maisano, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for flagging this! Could you please try reinstalling the desktop app and making sure your device is upgraded to the latest version?

If you’re still running into issues, please let me know :slight_smile:

I have re-installed it twice, and I’m on the latest MacOS and Asana App download DMG.

Here is what the notification icons look like (on both a Catalina and Big Sur OS):

And in the Notification Center settings:

Thanks for getting back to me, @Adamo_Maisano! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Product team. I’ll get back to you here as soon as I have any updates! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

It seems however that a new release of Asana was made this week (1.2.0). After I updated the app, the icons seem to be “fixed” - both in the Applications folder listing, and in notifications.

Perhaps something in the latest release (1.2.0) resolved it by accident – or on purpose?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.