Let Us Sort Projects Manually in Sidebar

What a disaster! My app just auto updated and just like that, all projects but 5 gone from the sidebar. Iā€™ve had to ā€œStarā€ them all to restore some sort of productive environment. Just awful.

3 Likes

Make it happen, Asana. This is should be an easy fix!

2 Likes

Wow this new project bar redesign is a mess. Not being able to have my projects in the order I left them in is a disaster. For managing multiple projects at once, this has created really unnecessary extra steps EACH TIME I go between projectsā€¦ I donā€™t spend a few hours on one project and then move onto another. I am in and out of projects all day and this bar design is a FLOP.

May Monday.com is betterā€¦ At least they listen to their users feedback.

4 Likes

Preaching to the choir, but absolutely infuriating not being able to prioritize projects in the sidebar how I see fitā€¦ :frowning: Only two heirarchicall options now is insane!!! HELP! I have too many projects to be sifting through them willy-nilly ā€“ and cannot for the life of me find my archived projects.

Where are they??

Please tell me you will revert back to some degreeā€¦ or at least offer functionality to manually organize projects.

5 Likes

Iā€™m using the STARRED functionality recommended aboveā€¦ THANK YOU!

Completely ridiculous also that the list all projects link:
https://app.asana.com/0/search?type=projects

Does NOT let you choose ā€˜archivedā€™. I just want a list of all my archived and non-archived projects in one place - is that too much to ask?

Complete mess-up - this update!

2 Likes

can everyone upvote this up on the top left hand side

1 Like

Finally received the new sidebar rollout this weekend.

I like that you can open portfolios and teams in new windows (tabs) from the desktop app.

Adding a pop-out option (new tab) for all projects could help users who search across multiple teams. Our projects are usually team-specific and this lack of functionality is not an issue for us. There is a ā€œBrowse teamsā€ feature; maybe add a ā€œBrowse projectsā€ option?

I also suggest reinstalling the ā€œSaved Searchesā€ section, with a new tab option. Longer term, maybe some context could be built into new tab (windows) search bars. I know that with Advanced Search you can be very specific. If a new tab is opened on a specific portfolio, it would be nice if the default search would just search in that portfolio.

Hi everyone,

This is a quick note to let you know the sidebar redesign is now available to all customers. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and use cases over the last few weeks. Weā€™re committed to continue developing Asanaā€™s sidebar - so your feedback is incredibly important!

Drag and drop projects

From reading the comments on this thread, it looks like you would like to have the ability to drag and drop projects in the sidebar and this is currently possible, see more info below:

You can learn more about the redesigned sidebar in this Forum Leader tip: āœ… Ultimate Guide to the new Sidebar redesign: Get your team prepared!

Sort project list alphabetically

@Francesco_Canovi thanks for your candid feedback! We are launching the ability to sort projects alphabetically soon. We will post an update in this thread as soon as itā€™s available: https://forum.asana.com/t/sort-project-list-in-the-sidebar/403

Iā€™m closing this thread but if you have a different feature request, I would encourage you to open a new Product Feedback thread to support each specific request and encourage other folks to upvote it.

3 Likes

Has sorting of projects in the Sidebar been added yet? This is extremely useful when trying to manage a large number of client projects

2 Likes

It still hasnā€™t been added, as far as I can tell, which is becoming a bit of a joke at this point. As people have pointed out, this should be a trivially easy feature to implement, and itā€™s clearly a crucial one from many peopleā€™s perspective.

I donā€™t have control over what organisation tools my workplace uses, but I advise against Asana to anyone who asks about task management, which in my line of work happens more than you might think. This feature is all that would be needed to change that, though the time itā€™s taken for this change to be made would remain a mark against.

2 Likes