Let Us Sort Projects Manually in Sidebar

@Melissa_T_Colombo your post is so much more helpful than mine. Thank you for taking the time to present the information in a more useful format.

2 Likes

David,

Your post was INCREDIBLY helpful since I didn’t even know about the ability to see a list of all projects anymore and the ‘starred’ capabilities. I couldn’t have made this important workaround without your insight. Thank you for sharing what became the catalyst for my post. My brain is forever grateful :slight_smile:

Melissa

4 Likes

Same for us!!

1 Like

Yes! fix this. I want it back the way it was…so disappointing.

7 Likes

Please let us sort our projext manually in the sidebar. This has ruined our workflow. This solution does not work for us and has not been solved.

8 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I have filed your requests with the product team. If there is any update on this, I will comment here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a rolling weekly schedule I keep with my team. I really liked looking at the sidebar and seeing all of my tasks in descending order of the date they were created/their start date. Now I can’t display it that way anymore and it’s just confusing for everybody.

The new limited sorting options are terrible. “Top” and Recent"? As if it’s a youtube comment section? These are not attuned to organizing a set of projects at all. Let us sort manually again, or at least by project creation date.

9 Likes

Hi @Benjamin_Cook , welcome to the forum :wave:
I have merged your post into this existing thread where you can add your vote (scroll up, purple button at the top left)

Please restore the ability to sort the project list manually (I can’t understand why this was removed) and add the ability to sort the project list alphabetically.

6 Likes

I hate this, where are the archived projects now? Not a cool roll out for the end of the week when we all have Monday stand ups across many teams.

4 Likes

Agree, I have so many teams that I manage work for separately. A Top project list is not at all helpful for me because I have 100 top projects.

3 Likes

This is exactly my issue. Plus, where the heck are the archived projects??

3 Likes

So glad I am not alone on this. If the sidebar doesn’t get fixed to see all projects under each team then my organization is switching to another program.

7 Likes

I generally use between 10 to 16 projects each month, which I have to organize according to the content output. Now it takes me more time to scroll down to view the other projects.

Asana is disappointing me.

Fix it now.

4 Likes

Same…please fix

5 Likes

Why did Asana do this? This is crazy. We have dozens of projects that need to be sorted by project code. Please go back to letting us sort projects manually. And while you’re at it, allow us to sort alphabetically as well. Thank you.

5 Likes

I usually have no problems with updates. The side bar update has thrown me for a horrible loop. I need the option to choose how my side bar looks. It is much more time consuming for me now and I can’t quickly track specific templates in projects and I actually used a date code at the the front of each template that i could quickly track. All gone now. Please bring it back :grimacing:

4 Likes

Hi @Kristen_Crawford_Law, I moved your post to a thread specifically about the sidebar, and one where you can add your vote to have it changed (vote at the top of the thread next to the title).

Thank you.

Just noticing that we ALSO can no longer see all the active projects under “Projects.” The only way you can see them is if you roll over the arrow beside your team name. This makes no sense. You have made things so much harder for us and many others.

3 Likes