.jpg & .pdf attachments opening in-browser NOT automatically downloading (Mac Desktop App)

Today Asana jpg & pdf file attachments started opening in browser instead of automatically downloading when I click “download”. They load REALLY slowly in the browser, then I have to right click, and select “save image as” to download it.

Details:
Usually when I click “download” directly from my task comments section, it opens a white blank popup window then automatically begins downloading the file to my specified location (in Chrome I’ve set my own downloads location). The white popup was annoying to have to close, but no biggie. This is SO MUCH WORSE.

I checked and downloading the jpg after first opening it within asana then clicking the download arrow/icon top right has the same result (with the added perk of extra time wasted as it opens in asana first, thennnnn re-loads in browser but still doesn’t automatically download).

A few random jpg’s refused to save at all with a “Failed - Forbidden” error. This was from a colleague I’ve worked with on tasks before, within my organisation, sending a jpg that she was then able to slack me without any issue at all.

Browser version:
Using Mac Desktop App (latest), Chrome browser, Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (arm64) on a 2022 Mac Studio running using the latest mac os Monterey 12.6.

I’ve had other issues with Asana but never with images being unreliable or tedious to download.

1 Like

Exact same thing is happening to me today, it’s taking me forever to download multiple attachments (video files included) I wonder if this is an update? Hopefully not! I’d like to be able to download again without opening the file :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Noticed this Saturday and almost started a topic. This really impedes my workflow. Please fix.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. With JPGs I am having to open in a new tab and saving image. I have not tried PDFs etc but I can see it not being that easy. Please fix ASAP.

2 Likes

So glad to know it is not just a problem with my Asana. Yes, it is not downloading any of the attachments. It will open in another browser for you to “Save As”.
Please take another look at this and send an update soon! Wasting so much time!

1 Like

Having this issue too! Huge pain!
If I click “download” on a file or image in Asana, and it opens in safari the file doesn’t download at all… it downloads as an unknown file.
If opens in chrome I can then manually download but this adds at least 2 more steps than it had a few days ago. Totally screwing with my project workflow.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me. PLEASE FIX!

1 Like

UPDATE: I reported the issue with attachments suddenly opening in browser not automatically downloading , and sometimes failing - they said this is a known issue yesterday and they are working on a fix

1 Like

UPDATE: FIXED :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.