Attachments default to downloads instead of opening in browser - Mac user

When attempting to open an attachment that has been forwarded via email to Asana, it automatically defaults to downloads. This requires an extra step to open the file. I would like to see it in my browser. Those of us using PCs are able to view attachments in the browser. Please advise?

Hi @Alyssa_Coe, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Can you try opening the file directly from your email and let me know if it automatically downloads?

Hi @Emily_Roman - Yes, all files open correctly from email. I was able to get .jpg and .pdf attachments to open correctly in Asana, but word, ppt and excel docs all go to downloads instead of opening.

1 Like

Did you ever get a response on this? My team is attaching docs from PCs. I have a mac, if I want to view a file, it downloads instead of opening and I can’t see it.

Hi @anon68157180, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for your report! Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue on my end. My hunch is that it’s related to a setting in your browser that is forcing to download the files. I recommend you to contact our support team so we can investigate further: How to contact our Support Team ✉