Issue forwarding tasks via Email

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Email forwarding to task folder via outlook email is not working. Sending task via outlook email to asana. Was working prior to today. Tried on 2 outlook emails. Failed both times
Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:
Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:

Problem resolved… emails came in little later. Could be something in our end of our email servers not sure.

2 Likes

@Vince_Leung Welcome to the Community!. I don’t know if you are using the older email feature of Asana or one of the two add-ins that are available. I am the developer of Sendana Outlook To Asana - Sendana - #108 by James_Carl or the Asana developed Add-in for Outlook. I used the original feature 3 years ago but had a passion to develop a much more full featured product. Both of the current add-ins are superior in my mind to the original email method.

Hi @Vince_Leung! Glad to hear this is resolved!

Can you confirm if you’re using the Asana add-in for Outlook or manually forwarding emails?

It doesn’t looks like we’ve experienced any stability issues today (https://trust.asana.com/) so not sure what could have caused this issue, but please let me know if it ever re-surface and I’ll be more than happy to investigate this further for you! :slight_smile:

Hello we used the manual method. Where you forward through x.......@asana.com. Not sure it could been our forwarding / email server and not asana. Will do if it persists

1 Like

I set up a filter through gmail. It forwards to the asana email address. It stopped forwarding last week. And still have not started working. I have double checked the filters and they are set up correctly.

Hi @Rebecca_Thurman, I would recommend reaching out to our support team with some screenshots so they can see your set up!