Emailing Tasks from Gmail has stopped working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I emailed tasks to Asana via Gmail. It has suddenly stopped working.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

HI @Nica_M, welcome to the Forum! I’m sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. I understand that you are using the Gmail Add-On and you can no longer email tasks to Asana. I wasn’t able to replicate this issue on my end, so if you don’t mind, I’d like to ask a few questions to investigate this problem for you:

• Do you get any error message when trying to email a task to Asana?
  • Do the task details populate in the Add-On?
  • Have you tried using an incognito tab or a different browser?
  • Are your colleagues experiencing the same issue?

Once I have this additional information, I will be happy to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Vanessa - I am not using the Gmail add-on. I am using the x+12345678@mail.asana.com format to send/assign tasks to a specific person. There is no error notification received and I have contacted Gmail. They say that all emails went out/sent. So I am confused.

I also used the same method to send tasks via a different email address/account and it worked. So this is just for this particular account under admin@mycompany.com that I am unable to send tasks via email.

Hey @Nica_M,

For security reasons, I have anonymised the email address you share in your last post. Could you please reach out to our support team with the following info:

• Email address from which you forwarded the email
  • A screenshot of this email header showing the “from” and “to” email addresses

Our team will be able to take a look into directly into your account to help you resolve this issue!

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for not being able to help further via the Forum!

Hello Marie,

I have sent the email. Can you confirm it has been received?

1 Like

Yes! I’ve liaised with our support team and can confirm they have received your email. tehy will be in touch shortly!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.