Is it possible to force a user to complete a subtask before it can be reassigned?

Hi all, newbie here and looking for some tips when it comes to reassigning tasks and subtasks.

Say I have a project that contains three subtasks that are dependent on one another i.e subtask two cannot begin until subtask one is complete. Is there a way to force an assigned user to complete subtask one before it can be reassigned to another user to be checked?

Basically, we are trying out a new form that needs to be completed for each piece of new work -but it has become easy for some users to simply ignore this subtask and move onto the next. We want a way to ensure that this form must be completed before the next task can begin.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

@Daniel_Otway Welcome to the Asana and the Community… At present there is no way to force that type of workflow on a user or subtasks. A potential work around would be to use an Advanced Search to search for in complete tasks or a combination of Custom Fields and Advanced Search.

You might also want to have a look at creating a set of standards and expectations that are agreed by each team member and have self/team accountability to follow the agreed workflow/approach. There are some very good guides in the Asana Help with regards to onboarding teams…

Jason.

2 Likes

Hi @Daniel_Otway and welcome to the forum :wave:t3:

To add to what @Jason_Woods already said, I woudl also recommend you to add your vote to this thread from our #productfeedback category.

1 Like

In general in Asana I’d say that you can’t force anyone to do anything. There is no workflow (yet?), it is all open (except when it comes to permissions).

3 Likes