iOS 11 IPad app Keyboard shortcuts

It would be great to have keyboard shortcuts for iPad app in iOS 11 +
This would greatly enhance the productivty of those of us that work on the go on an iPad with a keyboard, especially iPad Pro with the apple keyboard.
Things like creating a new task with Command + N or opening the search with Command + F, and going to your Inbox/My Tasks with a Command + Shift + H
Simple things like this would make the iPad app go a long way to quickly creating tasks and navigating around with the keyboard attached. Especially when multi-tasking

Has this been done yet?

1 Like

Not that i can tell, very disappointed in the iPad presentation, without full screen for specific task panel or project panel leaves this app severely lame making the information this app presents useless.

+1 on this. I use my iPad Pro with a keyboard attached to it a lot and I’m really missing keyboard shortcuts.

+1 - this is a relatively easy enhancement that would instantly make the iOS experience better. Especially since the new iPad Pros are shipping next week—with many Asana users joining the iOS-only world—the Asana app really needs to up its tablet game. Keyboard shortcuts is low-hanging fruit.

This is an absolute necessity. Currently on free package. Will absolutely upgrade but mainly work on IOS so will have to choose another app if the ipad app is not functional.

So sad, that there are NO shortcuts on apple ipad / keyboard… definetely a missing feature for mobile usage…

Keyboard shortcuts have always been an essential part of Asana and it is hard to be deprived of them when you get used to them. I get the lack of implementation on small devices like on phones but tablets need this simple but essential feature.

@Richard_Faulding is not the only one who heavily uses an iPad and cannot seriously commit to Asana when the team has been neglecting the tablet form-factor for years, and I’m not only referring to keyboard shortcuts but also the overall presentation as @Alexander_Fairclough pointed out. For those joining the iOS only world, with the advent of the new iPad Pros as @Jeff_Pooley pointed out, it is even more important to create feature parity between iOS and the desktop version.

Existing or new users should have to look elsewhere to be productive on their tablets. Feature parity is difficult to achieve and I’m happy enough to play the incremental waiting game but keyboard shortcuts are not rocket science to implement, even 1-person iOS developers create apps with keyboard shortcuts. Please give it some more attention Asana Team!

The latest version of the Asana iOS app says it supports some keyboard shortcuts. See description below from v7.17.1:
“Supertramp might prefer the long way home, but we love a good shortcut. This release adds iPad keyboard shortcuts for assigning tasks, setting due dates, jumping to My Tasks, and more.”

I have not been able to get keyboard shortcuts to work using my iPad pro with keyboard. Anyone else have luck?

1 Like

Hi @Siavash_Ghamaty welcome to the community.

With the mobile apps the update description doesn’t reflect what every user sees. As Asana can also control what works and what you see from their backend. So yes that version is capable of Shortcut keys but your organisation or region might not have access to it yet

Hope that helps.

Jason.

Happy Friday everyone! :raised_hands:

Some of you have already noticed, but it’s my pleasure to officially introduce you the new keyboard shortcuts for IPad! To learn more about it, please have a look here!