🔕 Introducing Do Not Disturb in Asana

Happy Tuesday everyone :wave:t3:

Today, we have some exciting news to share with you! For the first time in Asana, we’re introducing a Do not Disturb feature to help you take full control over when you receive notifications. This new functionality (available on web and mobile) will allow you to create a block of time uninterrupted by notifications, during which push notifications as well as browser notifications will be blocked.

We’re currently working on updating our Guide article, so in the meantime, here are a few screenshots to help you visualise where you can enable this feature:

Web:

iOS:

Android

We believe this feature will be particularly useful to Teams working across different time zones and to teammates who feel like they need to respond immediately to requests they receive even if this involves working after hours. We also hope it will help foster deep-work and reduce distraction when you need to focus on important work.

As usual, we’re rolling this out gradually, so don’t worry if it hasn’t reached you just yet, it will become available to all Asana customers over the next couple of days!

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to post them below, and if you have any feedback you’d like to share with our team, make sure to log them into the #productfeedback category so other community members can also cast their vote and support your request!

Have a great day!

9 Likes

This doesn’t seem to work for our organisation… the Inbox dot still appears… help?

Hi @anon18451181 and thanks for bringing this up!

This is currently expected, the DnD feature only blocks browser and push notifications, but it does not prevent the orange dot to appear in your Inbox when you receive new notifications. If this is something you would lie to see implemented in the future, please create a new #productfeedback thread to share your feedback, this will also allow other users to vote for this request!

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hallo! Desktop:)

But we not also get the orange dot we get the inbox new notifications feed as well. So its kinda like, what is the point of Do not disturb?

We thought it would act like a scheduled Inbox Snooze button… but its something entirely different

Thanks for the follow-up @anon18451181,

DnD prevents push and browser notifications to be sent, so unless you have these enabled, it shouldn’t be a big change for you. That’s our first shot at DnD and I’m confident this is something we will improve over time, so I’d highly recommend logging your feedback in #productfeedback if you haven’t yet! And one thing you can do avoid letting the orange dot disturbing you is to close your sidebar when you don’t need it. You can do this in one click using the “Tab+O” shortcut; I’ve found this very helpful so I hope it can help you too!

Ok, at our organisation we hit the Snooze button as an Asana best practice for the duration of 9am-12:00. We do this as a respect to peers of the slow thinking time. As an organisation we never have push notifications ON nor browser notifications, so the DnD feature has no use for us…

Right now you have removed the ability for us to work in silence:)

Which I will have to announce to the team…! They will be extremely gutted

Thanks I will follow your advice!

1 Like

Hi!

Here’s the link for the feedback at #productfeedback, this was something we used a lot during our Focus Times :sob:

If you are missing the inbox snoozing please vote this feedback :blush: Re-implement snooze Inbox feature

2 Likes

Love the DnD idea but what would make it even better is if it informed others when you’ll be back (similar to the vacation indicator). #productfeedback

2 Likes

Great idea @Alison_O_Byrne, would you mind creating a new #productfeedback so other Forum members can vote for this request? :blush:

agreed this actually made it worse!

Thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this is always so useful to help us understand what needs some improvements. Today, I’m excited to announce a few fast follow-up iterations our team is shipping:

Snoozing your Inbox will now be automatically included with the Do Not Disturb feature, which means that when DnD is enabled, the orange dot in your Asana sidebar and the dot in your browser’s tab won’t appear anymore, but you will still be able to see the latest updates in your Inbox if you decide to open it.

Knowing when you’re in DnD is becoming easier and clearer: when DnD is enabled in your WS/Org you will now see the DnD icon instead of the regular bell next to your sidebar “Inbox” tab (See screenshot below).

You have also move the Do not Disturb feature to the top of your Profile Settings notification tab and we now indicate when your Do not Disturb is set to end.

We hope you enjoy these updates, and we look forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It’s even better than before @Marie! Thanks again Asana!

1 Like