Feature Request: Notification Quiet Times

notifications
mobile

I would like to see a Notifications Quiet Times feature added to Asana. This has been suggested before and didn’t get traction. I’m hoping this one will get traction because this feature is greatly needed.

Specifically, I would like to see the ability to set working hours, per user, where notifications are sent via email and/or push notification. Outside of those hours, notifications go to the Inbox only. The feature should also honor vacation/away schedules.

Many of our users (myself included) shy away from using Asana at night or on weekends for fear of unnecessarily bothering their teammates with notifications. Adding “Quiet times” would eliminate this and make us more productive Asana users.

(Similar threads for the idea: Too many notifications on Android & Feature Request: Disable mobile notifications when vacation status is enabled)

Option for no email notifications on the weekend

I second this feature request! I also have trouble using Asana at night or outside of work hours because I don’t want to bother coworkers.

I used to use Basecamp, which had the feature to set notifications only during certain hours. This was very helpful.

Can you let us know the status of this request?

We agree and would like to see both working hours and vacation sleep capability implemented in Asana. Is this on the product roadmap?

It would be very helpful to have a way to not get emails on the weekend. I have to delete a bunch of daily summaries every Monday morning, which while not overly time-consuming one time, does get increasingly more frustrating when this is a standard option in your competitor (Flow App).

Reading through the other Product Feedback posts, there are many other issues with weekend notifications, vacation notifications, and lack of quiet hours. This was a huge reason I walked away from Asana several years ago. Hoping the positive changes you’ve made since then outweigh some of the pain-points that linger, which your competitors have jumped on to fix.

Thanks for your feedback @Sarah_Halstead and welcome to the Community Forum! I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Feature Request: Notification Quiet Times as your request are very similar/aligned; hope that’s ok! Again thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!