Increase limit of 20 rules per project

No updates on this limit? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This number is INSANELY low, especially because rules cannot use variablesā€”

I just hit my limit and I need more than 20, stat. I canā€™t believe this is even a thing, TBH.

The rules system needs a complete tear down and remake, honestly.

Same here. I have a complex rule-set that automates away many of the tasks my team has to doā€¦but as Iā€™ve added new folks, because I canā€™t use variables or rule branching, I have to make separate rules per employeeā€¦ IE "on assignment to Jack, move to column ā€œjackā€™s tasksā€ then the same rule for "on assignment to Jill, move to column ā€œJillā€™s tasksā€

Instead, I should be able to do one rule: "on assignment to move to column ā€œ's taskā€

It is infuriating.

1 Like

Also annoying; the forum removed my < > tags. Above should read like:

"on assignment to Jack, move to column ā€œjackā€™s tasksā€ then the same rule for "on assignment to Jill, move to column ā€œJillā€™s tasksā€

Instead, I should be able to do one rule: "on assignment to assignee move to column ā€œassigneeā€™s taskā€

Majorly agree on this. There is not enough logic or flexibility for rules, period, which is where the real value is in a tool like Asana. Need to remove or raise the cap to at least 100+ on rules per project, AND you guys need to improve the logic conditions around rule creation in general.

Itā€™s crazy that you canā€™t construct ā€œwhen X, if X and/or Y, execute Zā€ statementsā€”thatā€™s 101 stuff.

3 Likes

I was AMAZED that this wasnā€™t a part of version 1.0; I did chat w/ folks at Asana on the enterprise team and they are working on it but itā€™s as if no one understood what a ā€œVariableā€ was when they made rules, or a select case statement orā€¦well programming.

Obviously they DO, because their application exists and mostly works very well. But these are VERY simple needs, and ā€œ20 rulesā€ is a number so low Iā€™m convinced it was a dev limit accidentally left in.

1 Like

My favorite part about Asana is the automation potential to build and streamline processesā€¦and my least favorite part about Asana is the 20 rule limit.

:pray: :pray: Please, Asana gods, consider increasing it. Even a small increase to 30-50 rules would be immensely helpful!! Most of our projects include 10 or fewer people and I still find that the 20 rule limit puts a cap on our potential to create hyper-personalized, hyper-efficient rules.

2 Likes

Same as here, Itā€™s become crucial for have automated workflow.
Asana please help :pray:

Yes please increase the limit! Itā€™s so easy to hit the limit of 10. My team finds it quite limiting across our projects.

Just hit the 20 rule limit, How frustrating! This is needed to optimize workflow and get information into the right areas to keep the team productive. How is this taking so long to increase the limit? even just doubling it would go a long way for a short term solution.

2 Likes

Hi Sam, just to be clear for people reading this, the max number of rules is currently 20 per project, not 10.

I canā€™t believe this has been outstanding for over a year.

1 Like

I totally agree :expressionless:

Has there been any updates on this? Can there be no limit on the amount of rules or templates within a project?

1 Like

Just some more written feedback here. I already hit my 20 rule limit and havenā€™t even launched the project. This is very frustrating, especially given that the rule creation schema is not robust enough to make an efficient rule. So, Iā€™m forced to create several rules where 1 should cover it. Are there any updates to this upgrade?

2 Likes

Having this limitation (and living with it for over 15 months) has seriously reduced the effectiveness and potential of how we could use Asana. There is so much we could automate, but canā€™t due to this limitation.
If the number of rules a customer can create canā€™t be increased is there any consideration to creating a set of built-in, system wide rules that would not count against customer created custom rules?
What if the current, pre-built rule options did not count against the rule limit? The 20 rule limit would only apply to rules created with ā€˜create custom ruleā€™ button.

3 Likes

+1 to this feature request. This limitation restricts our ability to automate workflows.

1 Like

I just did the same thingā€¦I was wondering why I couldnā€™t add any more rules

Us too. Running into this limit and it is hindering our process.

1 Like