Including Subtasks in Dashboards

I love the concept of Dashboards so far, but the metrics don’t really tell me much since most of my team’s work is within Subtasks.

Seeing two other comments on the blog that seem to agree with building Subtasks into this as well!

Would love to see Kayin’s comment a reality:

One thing I’d like to see added though is some sort of tracking for our sub-tasks in there as well. Such as a callout in the top after Completed/Incomplete Tasks that refers to sub-tasks, or a filter on the 3rd customizable box that shows sub-tasks by assignee.

A lot of the work we do in our department is made up of tasks that have multiple parts to them so we assign out the sub-tasks to different people underneath the main task. So I’d love to be able to track those as well with something like my suggestions above.

Hi @Cindy_Cheng, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :wave: and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Subtasks do not inherit the project or assignee from their parent tasks right now. You can affiliate subtasks with projects by going into the subtask details and using “Tab+P” to open the project field or by going to the upper right drop-down and selecting “Add to Project.”

I also suggest you to add your vote to this request: Allow to automatically add subtasks to project

I’ll make sure to keep you posted once I have any updates about this feature!