Improvements to Printing

Is there any way to change the current printing format in the list view?

2 Likes

@Kaitie - We have created a Kanban board as a project with all of our projects on it, but can’t figure out how to print out something that looks anything like a Kanban board. I noticed your previous comment about wanting details on what we have in mind. I’d be happy to connect with you.

@Norm_Thurston,

I don’t believe Asana can print board columns side-by-side. (Also, Kaitie is no longer at Asana.)

Since you have a project of projects, perhaps this different but related alternative could help in your case:

Disclaimer: I’m the creator of Asana2Go.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

How is this a solution? It just seems like a (justified) rant :slight_smile: Is there actually (2 years on) a way to print a selection of tasks with their full descriptions?

2 Likes

the print out is missing the task description, not happy :frowning:

Is there any upcoming updates that will enable us to be able to print our projects as displayed online?

Currently, when printing your project list it only captures a current print screen instead of including all the details of the task. It also then cuts off the list at the bottom of the page (where you would usually scroll to view lower tasks on the page).

We hired someone to create an API to enable us to print our lists, however it is forever glitching due to the constant updates Asana are doing to their website.

Please enable a proper function Asana as it is crucial to our team meetings and daily schedules.

Thanks

2 Likes

@Philippa_Grant, You might have better luck with Asana2Go (Disclaimer: I’m the creator) than your custom API app. Search this forum for Asana2Go, or see the Medium posts and YouTube videos mentioned in the above link.

Here’s just one of the more detailed standard Asana2Go outputs showing just a single task:

Here’s an Asana project (which includes the task above) and another of the standard Asana2Go outputs which somewhat approximates the Asana view:

Hope that helps,

Larry

It should be pretty interesting if they created a feature like this. For example you’re a manager of a big restaurant, you have a lot of waiters which you need to manage and to make a schedule for them. So, the perfect thing was if the manager could do it during his work on his phone. Or sitting somewhere resting and doing the schedule. Then he could press on a button and print it through a wifi printer. At the end of the work he can go to his office and take the paper, then stick it on the wall. Nice concept and for video, isn’t it? I saw a couple of ideas from mrdepot guys, they really know how things are done.

My suggestion would be to use Bridge24 for Asana for printing tasks. The Report Engine allows you to print any group of tasks, with grouping, sorting, and more.

also brindge24 cannot print photos at this moment. i phoned them and they will be able to print photos in some month.

this is an unbelievable situation …

must i really hire myself any programmer from fiverr to be able to print photo attachements?

ok, i will open a little programming project for printing photos out of Asana.

Anyone can be part of it …

https://form.asana.com/?k=UC5GR7XstKOg9iif44_4SA&d=660455491591067

Adding to this request… Asana prints a task in the colour grey which is SUPER hard to read, especially for our use case when I print off tasks and workflows for older adult volunteers to run with. I know I can edit after the fact but that adds to my workload unnecessarily.

Would love for the print feature to be accessible and inclusive for all, as the way it is currently set up, it is not.

Thanks