If you first delete a project without removing users added to it, those users can never be removed

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Deleting projects without first removing the users who were granted access to those projects retains the users in assignment lists but there is no way to remove those users.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add a project
  2. Add a user to the project with a confirmed account or whatever
  3. Delete the project
  4. Notice the user added only to that project still display as a user in other projects
  5. Notice there’s no way to undelete to remove the user or access the user at all to remove them from the account.

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Kim_Stearns and thanks for the report!

This is actually an expected behaviour! These users should be able to leave the project following these steps if they wish to! Hope this helps, but please let me know if you require further assistance :slight_smile:

There’s nothing in that link that explains steps to leave a project, and the problem is these users are former clients we no longer work with and former employees who no longer work here. It’s expected that I contact people to have them follow steps to login to a tool we use to remove themselves? Is there some way to delete their account if so? We need their accounts to no longer exist as they continue to show up when we assign tasks to people but there are no projects to which they belong, so what would they be removing themselves from exactly?

1 Like

I am having same issue - where deprovisioned people are still showing up in search bar or when assigning tasks. We are on a Division/Enterprise account if that matters.

Found the answer here Asana FAQs and common questions | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide