If a Guest becomes a Member, is their content lost?

I read this in Help, but it’s still not totally clear to me:

## Can I convert a Guest to a Member or vice versa?

No. It isn’t possible to convert a Guest to a Member or vice versa.

The only way to turn a Guest into a Member, would be to set them up with an email address under your corporate domain and have them add this new address to their Asana account.

So if we set them up with an email address under our corporate domain, do they lose their content created as a Guest or does it migrate with them? Is it possible to have more than 1 email address associated with a user account, so they’d keep both their guest email and their member email? Thanks all!

Hi @anon33627717, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for reaching out!

No, they won’t lose access to their projects, teams or tasks. They will simply need to add their new email address to their existing Asana account so they keep having access to all the information as Members.

Yes, you can have several emails associated with one Asana account.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

So helpful, thank you Emily!

1 Like

What about the opposite? Converting a team member to be a GUEST instead of a team member? We have already added their personal email account to email forwarding section of settings

Hey @Motor,

1. add the personal email to their account How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide which you have done already

2. Change the preferred email under notifications to the new email also How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

3. Then go into a random task and try to tag the person to see which email shows up. If the new one shows then you can remove the other one: How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Just be aware that they will loose all access to extra features that would come with a premium or other plan.

Also if they created any rules and restricted editing to them there might be an issue to.
Same if they set up Portfolios and reports and they were not assigned to another owner you might be facing some issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.