HTML and markdown no longer work in Zapier when writing to Description

I am having this EXACT same problem. I was using Zapier to automatically create tasks for my team based on Lawmatics forms.

Ever since the new Asana create task call in Zapier I cannot format any text in the created task. But more importantly I can no longer hyperlink URLs!

I NEED to be able to provide the links back to the matter in lawmatics and currently, I am unable to.

I have spent hours learning about the new rich text in Asana and have been able to figure out how to format the text but I cannot figure out how to add a simple, basic external hyperlink. You used to be able to put the text you wanted linked in brackets then just put the URL in parentheses and it would link but that no longer works.

This guide was very helpful in learning the new, pretty much, coding needed to do basic text formatting though if you still need help with it in Zapier.

I have multiple zaps going between various software using formatting and none of them are messed up but the Asana ones. So I do not believe it is on Zapier’s end.

1 Like