How to edit an Asana created custom field globally?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
My team started using the Asana created priority custom field, however, one of my teammates created a different title for the field instead of using the existing field name from the global library. We now have duplicate field titles for priority ranking (one called priority and another called priority rank) in the multiple different projects for tasks.

I am an Admin for the account that manages all of our fields and can’t merge the duplicate field titles. See the screenshot below of the warning yellow alert I am receiving.

Annotation%202019-09-19%20071008

Hi,
You can’t edit custom fields created by Asana (this one which you sent). Try edit another one created by you or someone from your team.

Hi @Ufuoma_Ogaga! Sorry for the late reply!

As @Charlie_Pilch explained, it’s no possible to edit or delete Asana Custom Fields.
As he recommended, you could try editing the Custom Field your colleague has created.

You can learn how to edit Custom Fields in this handy Guide article: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

You could also remove the Custom Field to avoid confusion: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

I can’t edit any of the ones we created from the Asana version without creating another duplicate field.

I just want to create the field title so it is not showing as two separate fields for the same thing in a project.

~ Ufuoma Ogaga