I am not sure I understand the question, some considerations may be:
- where do you want it to be generated
- is it dynamic or you have a set of such spec sheets and you just want to deliver the right one
Some of this can be achieved via forms + automation.
- If the person who is sending the form has access to Asana and also you have a business account:
- you can set up the form
- the different specs can be drop down
- use Rules to do maybe the following:
add the tasks to another project to be visible for the team, if you do not want to give them access to the project with the form
reply with a comment automatically based on the value of the custom field. The comment can include the requirements or can include a link to an external place where the requirements are, for example Google Drive
- If the people who are sending the requests are not part of Asana and / or you do not have a business account
- you can use Zapier
- there you can create a lookup table where all the values of the drop down are listed and based on the value you can shoot an email with the requirement to the email that sent the form
We use both ways depending on the need.