How do I view all upcoming tasks for my team member?

Hello, I’m new to Asana and currently only have my one main team member join while we figure out how best to use it. I need to stay on top of her tasks as oen of the main reasons I’m switching to Asana is to improve communcation and knowing where she is on various tasks and projects. However, when I click on her picture, all I can see is “Recently Assigned Tasks.” I don’t care when they were assigned - I care when they are due and if they are done or what the status is, LOL! But we have far too many boards for me to click through each board each day. I really hope there is a way for me to see all of her current and upcoming tasks at a glance? Thank you for any input! - Jennifer Golbus, marketing consultant

1 Like

Hey Jennifer - you can actually do this using the “search” bar in the top. You can filter out to only search for tasks assigned to her, which are incomplete, and can then further narrow the search based upon a time frame or status.

Once you’ve completed a custom search, you can then save that as a “report” which will show up on the left side of your screen under “Reports” and will be updated regularly based upon data in Asana – it’s great!

You can read more here: Using Search & Advanced Search in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide.

One caveat is that the search will only show non-private tasks, so if your colleague has tasks that are private to just her, you’ll want to ensure those permissions are updated.

You can read more here: Task Permissions in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

1 Like

Wow Jake THANK YOU! I have calls lined up all morning but I can’t wait to try this. I don’t think I ever would have figured this out on my own. I really appreciate your help!

Jennifer

Golbus Consulting

415-302-2368

~WRD0004.jpg