Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!
Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Steps to reproduce:
Prerequisite: adding time tracking (estimated and actual time fields)
- To reproduce the issue, create a task.
- Then create a few subtasks and add estimates for each, eg. task 1 - 10h, task 2 - 5h, task 3 - 4h
- The estimate of the main task should be 19h (10h + 5h + 4h) - this one works fine.
- Set a formula: Estimated time - Actual Time = Remaining time - to check how much time remained. The value is 0 if nothing is reported.
- Now, when the team starts reporting the actual time in the subtasks, say in task 1 sb spent 2h (pink selection), this 2h is shown in the main task as well as an actual time. But the remaining time in the main task does not go down to 28h but remains 0. What’s more, if sb in the main task reports 1h, then the remaining time goes down to -1.
Can you let me know the logic behind it?
What I would assume is that if we have an estimation accumulated in main task, then following the formula, if the actual time is added, than the remaining time should get updated. Perhaps there is a bug in the way the formula gets calculated?
Browser version: yes
What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Premium
Upload screenshots below: