Hide sections

In list view, when sorting by field/custom field the list view can become very ‘cluttered’. The option to hide sections when sorting by other fields would be very handy. This is very relevant when you require a different list view to board view

1 Like

This is a great feedback @Tim_Jasper! Thank you for submitting it in the Forum.
Hopefully we can consider it for future updates! :slight_smile:

@Tim_Jasper, While it doesn’t address your request directly, my suggestion below may offer you a workaround until/if the feature becomes available in Asana:

Larry

Thanks @lpb. I currently do this for some projects. Of course the downside is that you don’t get board columns. This is why I think Asana should have linked sections/columns names to custom fields. This would have solved multiple issues. eg field data could be used across multiple projects. Projects could be viewed from multiple perspectives (ie by whatever custom field you choose). One lives in hope! First world problems :wink:
https://forum.asana.com/t/tie-custom-field-to-board-columns/24605/8

1 Like

Agreed! I had voted for one of those, but just now voted for the other as well.

Thanks @Tim_Jasper,

Larry

1 Like

Hi @Natalia . Is there any progress on this? Thanks!

2 Likes

Also, it would be great, if we can hide a section in board view. This may reduce the noise on the screen and improve focusing.

Yes please!

I’d like an option that I can toggle on each section to hide it if it has no tasks per the current filter.

One use case is to have a Daily Standup Board that is filtered to only show tasks that are in the current sprint. That might be filtered by custom status field that is mapped to the sections in the project (e.g., Backlog, Ready to Start, In Progress, Blocked, Testing, Ready to Deploy, or Completed). In that daily standup view, there would never be any filtered tasks in the Backlog section, so I’d like to hide it in that view.

I could then have other views for backlog management that might hide sections related to work in progress.