Hide empty sections in list view

We use sections to manage tasks in different phases of a project. Even when all tasks in a phase are complete the section names remain on the list view.

It would be great if sections with no tasks under them (based on any filters that are applied) are hidden. For example if I am viewing ‘Incomplete tasks’ the section headings would be hidden if all tasks under them are done. However if I am viewing ‘All tasks’ or ‘All completed tasks’ the section heading would show.

I’ve looked at some of the other related requests and think they are not asking for the same thing although this one Mark Sections as Complete (in new spreadsheet List view) may also be solved by this suggestion.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @anon93912915 and thank you for sharing this great feedback with us!

This is super interesting and hopefully something we could look into in the future! Please, don’t forget to upvote it (you just need to click on the vote button next to the title) :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

I’d just like an option to hide section names in list view completely. I often use a board with column names, but don’t want those appearing as section names in list view (they just create irrelevant clutter most of the time). Instead I just sort task lists by a custom field which I find much more helpful than sections (and can be employed in any project). Asana please give us the ability to hide sections ! Also see Tie custom field to board columns

1 Like

Hi ! Just want to say that I would welcome such a feature as well. I have many empty sections when displaying only incomplete tasks. It makes it harder to find the right info.

2 Likes

Still looking for this feature. It would really help me to streamline my project management.

1 Like