Help with using Custom fields

Hello,

I would like to be able to do what is described in the following uses cases list. And I would like to understand from the community if there is a way to accomplish this.

Use cases

1. I would like to share a Custom field across several Projects owned by a Team, but no other Projects. Is this possible, and if so, how?

2. I would like to share a Custom field across several Projects across many teams but:

• Restrict the setting of that field value in a given task to only a single Team, and…
  • Restrict the editing of the custom field to only a single Team, but no other Projects.
    Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thank you

Hello @Alok_Bhargava

I am afraid at this stage that is not possible. Per custom field you create you can only decide whether you want to make it available to the whole organization (workspace)

At this stage that is not really possible. You can lock the field for you then only you (or other Asana admins can edit it): https://asana.com/guide/help/premium/custom-fields#gl-lock-fields

I have however found this feedback request thread and I think this might be useful for you to vote on as well Allowing multiple people permission to edit locked custom field settings.

2 Likes

Many thanks for your very useful reply and guidance @Andrea_Mayer.

1 Like

Hello,

We want to use custom fields and reporting in order to check the workload of our team for the next month, 3 months etc. Is there any chance that I could do that by using the minutes estimation field?

Hey @Antonis_Korkontzilas welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Yes you can definitely do this with the Asana Workload Feature.

More info here Help with managing Workload - #2 by Andrea_Mayer, Actual Time Over Estimated Time? - #2 by Andrea_Mayer