Harvest time tracking not working in Safari with 'prevent cross-site tracking' enabled

Hi. A feature our team use all the time is ‘Harvest time tracking’ - when working on a task, they simply click the little clock icon to start tracking time against that task in Harvest.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 10.40.01

This works fine in Chrome, but I’ve recently switched to using Safari and the Harvest time tracking feature doesn’t work unless I disable ‘prevent cross-site tracking’ in the Safari preferences.

I like the idea of preventing cross-site tracking, but unfortunately there’s no kind of whitelist in Safari for sites I trust. Is there any way round this, other than switch back to Chrome, or switch ‘prevent cross-site tracking’ off every time I use Asana?

Is the Harvest feature in Asana made by Asana, or is it made by Harvest - perhaps I should be reaching out to them instead?

3 Likes

I am having this same issue with safari. Any luck getting around this without having to use Chrome or Firefox?

Me too. It renders the integration useless unless I turn off my security. Anyone?

Sadly I suspect this issue is not a particularly high priority for Asana/Harvest, so won’t get fixed any time soon, if at all…

I know it’s not a proper solution, but now when I want to track my time from an Asana task in Safari, I usually just disable ‘prevent cross-site tracking’ before clicking on the little clock icon, then re-enable ‘prevent cross-site tracking’ straight away afterwards.

As I’m only using the feature a couple of times a day it’s not too much of an issue.

1 Like

On advice from the Asana I switched to the Asana app. It’s great. No issues.

Thank you so much @Todd_Davies!! I don’t know how I missed that there was an app and I totally prefer it that way anyhow. This fixed me right up!

This is unfortunately not a solution for those - lots of software devs - using linux since there’s no linux version of the app.

Unfortunately the Harvest integration is now also broken in recent firefox versions which leaves me with the option of using chrome. I hope this problem will be solved soon.