Google Drive forces sign in for every attachment, lists every file shared with me instead of my own files, search doesn't immediately return exact match

1. Every time I need to add a file stored in Google Drive to a task in Asana, I have to re-sign into Google to authorize it. Appears to be the same both the web browser and app versions of Asana.

2. When I do sign in, I get a listing of ALL Google Drive folders shared with me, in either date modified order or alphabetical sort. It doesn’t display just my personal Google Drive folders. I am an Admin in our Google Drive account so I’m met with an overwhelming amount of files/folders that were edited/modified in my whole Google Workspace account.

3. The search function appears to only search the very first letter that I type, it doesn’t auto-complete with options of folders that match what I’m typing. I have to scroll down about 50% to find an exact match to what I’m searching, for example I search “ABC | Monthly Report” and I have a folder named exactly that, it still is not returned at the top of the list, I have a plethora of individual files listed containing some part of what I searched, folders with partial matches and then about 50% down the list I can find the exact folder.

1 Like

Hi @Hluoma, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for providing this feedback. I’m going to move this post to #productfeedback so folks in the community can upvote it and so our developers can get a better look at the needs of our members :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know if we have any updates!

I am having the same issue!!

I cannot get to my main Google Drive folders.

This makes using the attach feature worthless.
Please help ASAP!!

I found somewhat of a workaround. I created Shared Drive folders and added shortcut links to several common folders I upload to for attachment purposes. That way you can click attach, sign into Google and then toggle to “Shared drives”, enter a shared drive and then go through to a specific destination by way of a shortcut. Instead of having to do a search which returns all sorts of results.